Beacon, Probe, Shovel and Avalanche Education!
Take an avalanche class before you head into the snowy mountains. Skiing and riding in the backcountry is amazing but you should only do so if you've been educated, knowing a little can go a long way. As a lead instructor for the Alaska Avalanche School and one of the American Avalanche Association's Professional Trainers, Nick offers a high quality avalanche education experience. Every backcountry partner should take a Level 1 course at a minimum. If you are looking for more or want to refresh and advance your skills spend a day or two for mentoring on a private course. Taking the Level 2 or Pro courses? To make the most out of your time and money you should spend a day or more with Nick before the course to prepare for the advanced nature of these courses.
- Private Avalanche Courses - with Remarkable Adventures > all field based, your course, custom for you and your group.
* Courses based on availability.
* Prices are Nick's standard day rates found on booking page.
- BC Skills Intro / Avy Course Prep
New to backcountry travel? Do a prep day before a course to get ready and then you will get more out of your avalanche course.
- Avalanche Refresher / Mentoring
Review skills and stay current with the latest in avalanche education. Previous Level 1 course at a minimum required.
Public Avalanche Courses - with Nick through the Alaska Avalanche School > larger group, structured learning. Level 1 & 2 and Pro 1 courses recognized by the American Avalanche Association.
* Public scheduled courses December - March.
* Prices and further details on AAS website.